Reports to: Study Administrator
Duration: 1 Year Renewable Contract as per KEMRI Scheme of Service.
The first 3 months is a probation period
Overall job description
Provides efficient cleaning and messenger services focusing on achievement of great results.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collection and delivery of mail and other materials as required from and to the post office, courier and other institutions like Kenya Power, KIWASCO.
- Ensure the office surfaces, furniture, walls, doors, windows, curtains, kitchen, utensils, corridors, toilets and training venues are kept clean at all times
- Cleaning office toilets and ensuring availability of toilet the rolls, soaps, washing liquid and hand towels when required.
- Opening and closing of the office premises on time, and ensuring that all the office doors are securely locked when not in use closed.
- Remain flexible and work additional hours when required
- Provide efficient organization and cleaning services
- Paying attention and ensuring hygienic standards of sanitary facilities at all times.
- Maintaining the office garden, cutting grass short and trimming flowers.
- Maintaining cleanliness of the entrance and office environment.
- Report on the stock status of the toilet rolls, and detergents.
- Maintaining the organization of paper, documents and clean desks and offices
- Photocopy and duplicating services
- Ensuring that tea, water and refreshment are served and provided to the study staff as requested.
- Supporting office hospitality during trainings and meetings.
- Perform work related errands as requested.
- Minimum O-Level; with short training in any course,
- Computer training as an added advantage
- At least one year of work experience preferably with a busy office environment.
Other Required Skills
- Understanding of the study site operations, procedures and requirements
- Efficiency in the delivery of all the listed services’
- Focuses on results for the site and responds positively to feed back.
- Flexible and highly organized.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a constructive positive attitude
- He/ She demonstrates client oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy and ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
Method of Application
Applications to be done through the email [email protected] - (Indicate Position & Vacancy Number as the subject of your Email) . Applicants should attach the following:
- Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number) and date available to start working for the study
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae with Telephone number and e-mail address
- Two letters of reference with contact telephone numbers
- Copies of Academic Certificates and Transcripts
- A copy of the latest pay slip (if applicable)
- A copy of National Identity card or passport
KEMRI or any of its progra m s, St u dies or Projects does not sol i ci t for Mo n ey or any for m of reward for a Job applicant to be considered f or e m ploy m ent. Any such requests sho u ld be immediately reported to the HR departmen t . Canvassing will lead to au t oma t ic disqualificati o n.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLO Y ER COMMITE D TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILIT Y , WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGIN A LIZED ARE A S ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY .
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted