Reports To: Chief Engineer/Officer – Quality
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating Quality Assurance activities, deploying adopted ISO management standards or other similar tools to ensure that quality requirements are fulfilled.
- Coordinating Quality and Process Improvement activities using typical Quality improvement tools such as Lean Six Sigma, Reliability Engineering and others.
- Coordinating Quality Control activities in order to deliver Operations Excellence using typical Quality control tools such as Statistical Quality control and predictive techniques.
- Implementing the Corporate Occupational Health and Safety programs
- Providing technical advice to area management review committees
- Maintaining proper company quality records and reports
- Reviewing and continually improving KenGen’s quality and environmental management procedures, work instructions and records.
- Developing and implementing processes, methods and tools to measure, evaluate and monitor the company’s quality performance.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
Served in the grade of Safety and Quality Officer I for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Served in the grade of Safety and Quality Officer II for a minimum period of five (5) years;
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Physical Sciences or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health from a recognized institution;
- Registration with a relevant Professional body
- Be proficient in computer applications;
- At least 8 years relevant experience
Method of Application
Interested and qualified?
Click Here to apply