Reports To: Supply Chain Manager
Duties and Responsibilities Duties and responsibilities will entail:
- Managing the company’s inventory of materials
- Coordinating area procurement planning and ensuring purchases are made within the planned period.
- Ensuring optimum stock level are maintained in the stores.
- Undertaking spend analysis for decision making.
- Planning, preparing and ensuring dissemination of RFQ’s for all area requirements.
- Monitoring contract performance and report non performing contracts.
- Conducting price benchmarking and savings reviews in order to demonstrate best value.
- Overseeing opening, analysis and placement of orders for quotations awarded and running tenders
- Ensuring payments for suppliers within the stipulated time.
- Preparing tender documents for framework contracts and pre-qualifications
- Overseeing implementation of internal controls for risk mitigation in the Section.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- Served in the grade of Chief Supply Chain Officer for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Procurement & Supply Chain Management, Economics, Commerce, Business Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- A diploma in Supply Chain Management or equivalent.
- Membership to Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM); 12 years of experience, 3 of which must have been in Management
Method of Application
Interested and qualified?
Click Here to apply