An officer appointed to this position will be responsible for the provision of support in the implementation of supply chain services to User Directorates by facilitating the procurement processes in accordance with the Public Procurement Act and Regulation.
- Bachelorís degree in Business, Administration/Commerce/Economics/Procurement/Supply Chain Management
- Diploma in Procurement or Chartered Institute of Purchasing in Supply (CIPS)
- Nine (9) years of service, three (3) of which should be in a comparable position from a reputable organization
- Must be a registered member of KISM or CIPS member
- Certificate in Management course lasting not less than four weeks from a recognized institution
- Serve as secretary to the Commissionís Procurement Committee to ensure all matters are addressed
- Review Tender documents, Request for quotations and Expression of interests and put priority items to be dealt with first
- Draft/review of advertising notices for goods and services to ensure accurate goods are requested for and quality is delivered
- Coordinate pre-bid briefing and pre-proposal meetings
- Address clarifications by bidders, reviewing addendums and amendments to tender documents
- Coordinate periodic stock taking to ensure stores are up to date and regular inventories are taken
- Prepare contract documents to ensure accurate details are captured for suppliers
- Coordinate procurement requirements for the Commissionís County Offices
- Contribute to the development of the supply chain management strategic plans to ensure set standards are being followed
- Oversee the performance management process is in line with the functions objectives and deliverables
- Monitor and evaluate performance of systems in supply chain to ensure they are working well and giving good output
- Improve measures to enhance partnership with suppliers to enhance working relationships
- Prepare and execute medium-term and annual budgets to ensure proper utilization of funds Interpret other laws and statutes that relate to supply chain management matters
Method of Application
Applicants are advised to visit our website www.landcommission.go.ke for instructions on how to apply. Applicants MUST apply both online and submit hard copies of their application. In case you do not hear from us, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Please note that canvassing for these positions will lead to automatic disqualification.
The National Land Commission is an equal opportunity employer; women, people from marginalized areas and Persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The applications should reach the office of the Secretary/ CEO, National Land Commission by
31st March, 2020 on/or before 5.00pm.
All Applications should be submitted to:
National Land Commission 1st Ngong Road,
Avenue ACK Garden Annex, 7th Floor,
P.O Box 44417-00100